HOW ZEPTO® WORKS
The ZEPTO® Precision Cataract Surgery platform is uniquely designed to automatically create a strong, symmetrical anterior capsulotomy precisely aligned on the visual axis.
Handpiece tip is collapsed and inserted through a 2.2 mm or larger incision.
Handpiece tip is recircularized and centered along the first Purkinje image. Advancing skill alignment with the fourth Purkinje facilitates even more precision. Suction, delivered from the ZEPTO® power console, brings the ZEPTO® tip with nitinol ring into apposition against the lens capsule.
12 micropulses of energy are applied in 4 milliseconds, and a 5.2 mm mean diameter capsulotomy is formed. The device is removed through the main incision.
KEY ZEPTO® PLATFORM COMPONENTS
- Nitinol capsulotomy ring
- Soft, clear suction cup
- Push rod for precise positioning
- Unobstructed central view for centration on the visual axis
- Powers a precise 360° capsulotomy in just 4 milliseconds
- Vacuum controls to manage suction
- Electronic timing circuits and safety diagnostics
- Connects to a single-use fluid isolator
…a feeling of achievement…ZEPTO® for all my cataracts, a must for premium IOLs. I will never look back.
ZEPTO® SURGICAL ZONE
Looking for more ZEPTO® clinical information and FAQs?
Visit our ZEPTO® Surgical Zone.